“Traditional home monitoring systems rely on electrical utilities to function, so it’s nearly impossible to monitor your loved ones and property to ensure they are safe during inclement weather or other conditions that cause power and Internet outages. Even with a battery backup system, it requires you to replace the batteries regularly and it can’t run continuously for too long.” Herman Yau, co-founder, and CEO of Herman Yau said in a statement.
Case: Bia’s family got a chicken farm in the hills, but because there is no electricity and no network in the hills, there has been no monitoring, which also gives a lot of opportunities for criminals to take advantage of. Last month on three consecutive days lost chickens and eggs, the parents are distressed, as a caring daughter is naturally to get a reliable device for parents. This solar camera for the farm is installed in the mountains, and can make full use of nature’s resources to convert solar energy into electricity for the camera power supply, solving the trouble of remote places that can not pull the wire; at the same time, the camera can be directly inserted into a 4G sim traffic card to provide a network environment for the camera, no need to pull the wire cloth network cable can achieve real-time cell phone remote monitoring.
1.-What does a SIM card do in a security camera?
Solar camera with sim card is applicable in the complex outdoor environment without a network or electricity, it can make full use of nature’s resources to convert solar energy into electricity to achieve power supply for the camera, solving the trouble of not being able to pull the wire in remote places; at the same time, a full-net 4G sim traffic card is inserted inside the camera again to provide a network environment for it, even in the face of power or Internet failure, it can realize remote monitoring without electricity or network on the cell phone.
2.- Advantages of using solar camera with sim card?
- Not limited by the geographical distribution of resources, and can be flexibly installed by taking advantage of the roofs of buildings.
- Can supply power nearby, without the need for long-distance transmission, avoiding the loss of long-distance transmission lines.
- Solar energy is inexhaustible and has very low operating costs.
- solar power is safe and reliable, and will not suffer from energy crises or unstable fuel markets.
- solar power has no moving parts, is not easily damaged, is simple to maintain, and is particularly suitable for unattended situations.
- Short construction cycle and a short time spent to obtain energy.
- Solar power generation does not produce any waste, does not consume electricity or pollute, and has no negative impact on the environment.
3.-Which countries’ 4G Sim card bands are supported?
Bahrain, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, New Caledonia, New Zealand
Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Finland
France, Norway, Åland Islands, Albania, Estonia, Georgia, Bulgaria
Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland,
Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro
Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Bonaire, Cayman Islands
Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Turks and Caicos Islands, Argentina
Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, Canada, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Virgin Islands
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan ,Philippines, Singapore, Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
4.-How to install solar camera?
- The connection of our solar monitoring is very simple and does not require connection to various devices.
- inserting the TF memory card and SIM card into the corresponding card slot of the camera before powering on.
- our surveillance can store the surveillance video in the cloud, which can be viewed at any time.
- Fix the solar panel, camera, and the corresponding waterproof box, and you are ready to use.
5.-Note on the solar camera setup
- Try to avoid pointing the camera directly into the sunlight to avoid damaging the image sensing device of the camera.
- no shading above the solar panel to prevent it from not receiving sufficient light for lasting life.
- Do not pull or twist the connecting wires of the solar monitoring to prevent problems with the power supply.
- avoid contact between the camera and substances such as oil, water, steam, water vapor, moisture, and dust.
- Do not use harsh cleaning agents or organic solvents to wipe the camera.
6.-What are the suitable locations for installing solar camera?
For those customers who need to install wireless surveillance cameras in fish ponds, orchards, and other field occasions, the main problem they need to solve is the network. Because of the surveillance camera achieves and cell phone connection, the premise is to have a network to do. In this situation, the installation of solar camera with sim card is actually a good choice because not only solves the problem of wiring but also solves the problem of the network.
7.-Solar camera maintenance tips
- Avoid pointing the solar camera directly into the sunlight as much as possible to avoid damaging the camera’s image sensing device.
- avoid contact between the camera and substances such as oil, water, steam, vapor, moisture, and dust, and avoid direct contact with water.
- Do not use harsh cleaning agents or organic solvents to wipe the solar camera.
- Do not pull and twist the connecting cables, including the solar camera and solar panel.
- Do not disassemble the solar camera without the necessity to avoid damage to the camera.
Solar camera with sim card external two 5db enhanced signal antenna, camera operation stable, can be long-term stable operation; at the same time to ensure that the video surveillance transmission clear, smooth, will not appear lag and not smooth situation; solar camera with sim card can be connected with cell phones, customers need to first install the APP on the phone, and then add the device to the cell phone. The heat dissipation performance of solar camera with sim card is better because of the aluminum alloy housing design, which has good waterproof and sunproof performance, and can be installed in various environments indoors and outdoors; 4 million high-definition pixels, the night and daytime monitoring images are in color, and the night vision distance can reach 30-40 meters at night, and the daytime visual distance is 80-100 meters.
Even if you live in an environment that usually lacks sunlight, it only takes one sunny day for the solar camera with sim card to monitor and protect your home or store during the week. In addition, the solar camera with sim card can store up to 3 days of recorded data locally and can easily transfer this data to a free cloud storage platform in place of a power or internet connection.